The body’s structure is made up of very specific placements for each bone, ligament, tendon and muscle. When pushed out of its place through injury, poor posture, improper lifting or even sitting or driving for long periods of time, the misalignment can cause the muscles, tendons and joints around the shifted vertebrae to become inflamed, overworked or pinched. Even a slight shift can cause anything from mild, annoying symptoms to very extreme and debilitating pain.
Because our arms, hands and shoulders are used in so many activities we do on a daily basis, having a shoulder that is significantly affected by injury or pain can greatly reduce productivity and quality of life. Axcess Accident Center is your Utah shoulder pain treatment chiropractor.
Free 30 Minute Massage
If you've been in a car accident within the past 45 days
What are the common causes of shoulder pain?
- Tendinitis: Inflammation of a tendon, most commonly from overuse.
- Pinched Nerve: A result from compression or constriction of a nerve that causes numbness, prickling or burning sensation which radiates outward from the injured area.
- Tear of the Rotator Cuff: An irritation or damage to the rotator cuff muscles or tendons in the shoulder.
- Arthritis: Painful inflammation and stiffness of the joints, such as the shoulder joint.
- Frozen shoulder: A difficulty in which the shoulder joint tissue becomes inflamed and stiff, decreasing the range of motion available, allowing for abnormal bands of tissue or adhesions to grow together and essentially freezing the shoulder in place.
- Bursitis: An inflammation of a bursa in the shoulder, knee or elbow.
Why see a chiropractor for shoulder pain?
A Utah chiropractor can help decrease stiffness and muscular spasms, decrease arthritic joint pain and tissue inflammation, increase joint range of motion, increase blood circulation to the affected area as well as give an overall sense of well being and relaxation to the joints and muscles.
By aligning the bone structure of the shoulder, neck and spine through a spinal adjustment, a chiropractor can help the body naturally heal itself, restore proper circulation to the affected area, decrease pain and inflammation and increase joint flexibility and range of motion, which allows for a faster recovery time.