Exercise injuries can often be prevented by keeping a few guidelines in mind such as the use of stretches and low impact exercise to warm up muscles before exercising, use the proper shoes and equipment, use strengthening exercises for muscles surrounding joints and tendons, get adequate rest for muscles to rebuild appropriately and lastly, begin with light exercise in short increments and slowly build up to the desired difficulty and length of exercise.
A chiropractor can help patients with spinal, arm, leg, or neck adjustments and treatments to increase blood circulation to the injured area for faster recovery, as well as align the bones correctly surrounding ligaments, tendons and muscles to reduce unnecessary tension on the injury, increase the flexibility of the joints, and help all elements work together for a faster recovery.
Free 30 Minute Massage
If you've been in a car accident within the past 45 days
Common Exercise Injuries:
- Pulled or strained muscles.
- Injuries caused by overuse or overexertion.
- Runner’s knee, inflammation or knee pain under the kneecap.
- Plantar fasciitis, inflammation of the tissues on the bottom of the foot.
- Tennis elbow– inflammation or irritation of the tendons in the arms and elbows.
- Shin splints – pain felt on the anterior (front side) of the calf.
At times an injury may require more immediate attention than rest, ice, compression and elevation (R.I.C.E.). A professional physician or chiropractor can aid immediately to help relieve pain and reduce inflammation.